Joining Running With Spoons for a #thinkingoutloud Thursday!
1. Which leads me to start of by saying that Running With Spoons has been one of my newest fav blogs that I have added to the list of weekly visits. I have tried many of her recipes because she obviously developed them with me in mind. Many include chocolate chips, oatmeal, banana… The Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Pancakes have been a common go-to because they are 1. delish 2. easy (you know when I say easy it means you like blinked and their are pancakes and 3. guilt free. A huge batch is one serving. That is my kind of savory carb.
|I made these!|
|And she ate them… Impressive.|
2. Life without coffee would be a dark place. A very, very dark place. Just sayin’.
3. When I had my first born three years ago, sleep training was not a huge priority on my list. So what if she was sleeping in our a room a little longer than normal or if I picked her up when she cried at night? To hear her shed a tear was heart wrenching. Only now having 7 month old twins did I realize the importance of sleep training in my life. One night of hell. No joke. And the rest is history. Let me just say I put them to bed (Big Sis and all) at 7pm last night without a peep. Big Sis woke up early BUT the Twins woke up chatting with each other around 6am and ready to come out and about around 6:30am. I. Will. Take. It. It’s a miracle. I will tell you how we did it in an upcoming post for any of you that have hit rock bottom. P.S. I am so thankful to my girlfriend / amazing mom of three boys for sharing her pain, feeling mine and helping me go through the process. You seriously need a support group, it’s so hard but it works!
4. The other miracle? Alone time. With Hubby. No Nemo’s, Elsa’s or chocolate milk in sight. Just two free hours of #relaxation, #wine, #scandal and quiet bliss. I heart Olivia Pope. And yes, two hours, they go to bed but they still get up early.
|Love you Liv. See you tonight.|
5. It’s been a few months to get over my last smoothie obsession that led to ultimate smoothie disgust. However, I am back at it. This months fad that I am sure will fade quickly is my Spinach, Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie. 2 cups spinach, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 frozen banana, and 1 tbsp peanut butter. Simple. Tasty. Toddler approved.
6. I have been treadmill training for a half-marathon coming up at the end of February. Sounds horrible. But shockingly it hasn’t been! It’s been an awesome, mindless break and I have been obsessed with watching the series Once Upon a Time on Netflix.
7. Is it just me or are snow days starting to lose their magical, exciting hype? Still love a #snowday. But that fun, “We need water, wine, diapers and chips stat!” pre-storm excitement is starting to fade. Because it’s like… everyday.
Have any random thoughts!? Join me in the comments for #thinkingoutloudthursday!