I am joining Running With Spoons for #thinkingoutloud Thursday! “A weekly celebration of quirks and randomness!”
I enjoy randomness. So here we go!
1. My morning began at 4am. Technically at 11:15am when one of the Twins randomly woke up and wouldn’t stop crying. She apparently needed a little cuddle and was ready to go back to bed but everyone was a little off. Then, like I said, 4am was the other Twin and 5:15 was Big Sis. Loving my coffee right now and fighting the fog. To be honest, (and this is a huge secret that no baby is to be told) I enjoy the quick little visit in the night. They are so cute when they look at you in the dark with a goofy tired smile. No regard of time. They are like little fuzzy bunnies that need a pat on the back and a hug. But then to be reminded, gently of course, that as cute as you are, you must be quiet and stay in your
cage bed. (I have no idea why they would be like fuzzy bunnies. 4am, friends. 4am.)
2. I am not coming to terms with this endless winter. It’s April 9th and we should be enjoying comfortable temperatures,
training walking our kids in strollers, prepping them for endless walking adventures that will take place all Spring and Summer. Just for a comparison… this is us last year at this time vs. this year.
3. Speaking of looking back… A year ago at this time I was majorly pregnant with the Twins moving into our first home (that took forever to find) but well worth the wait! We have done so much work to it that it is almost unrecognizable.
4. OK, enough reminiscing. I discovered such a good snacky treat this week. A medjool date stuffed with a tablespoon of almond butter. Um, how did I live without this? Just one satisfies my sweet tooth for the entire afternoon. Try it. Please. (I’m not adding a picture because it’s not the prettiest looking thing… )
The other food item that I have been a little overly obsessed with has been cauliflower. I am ALMOST cauliflower-ed out. But not yet. I’ve made tortillas, pizza, buffalo bites, mac n’ cheese, Mexican rice… there is probably more. Do you see why I could almost be over this vegetable? But seriously, just a few more. As promised I will get to posting some of the successful cauliflower experiments. Below is riced cauliflower. The first step to all the magical (or not so magical) creations.
5. My girlfriend and I did an 11 day challenge of this workout below… which actually turned into like a 22 day challenge because I couldn’t stop. I am sort of noticing an obsessive behavioral trend… anywho.
100 Jumping Jacks, 100 crunches, 100 squats,25 push ups, repeat
then add 100 jumping jacks, 100 crunches, 25 push ups, 100 jumping jacks, getting tired, 25 push ups
I feel like it was effective and kind of want to do this challenge again. 14 days? Anyone with me? More fun with
peer pressure friends…
6. I have been really experimental with feeding the Twins. At 9 months I’m proud to say that I made one meal (instead of two) for the Twins and Big Sis. They all ate pasta with sauce. I cooked the pasta for longer than I normally would have if it was just Big Sis. But she still enjoyed it. Three birds with one stone. Hey, every minute counts. You all know that.
OK, I think I’m going to wrap up #thinkingoutloud Thursday! I start these posts thinking I don’t have much to say… but there ya go. Once the fingers start moving the mind gets groovin’. (yup, don’t forget, 4am) Obviously time to walk away.
Join in with your random limericks, thoughts, whatever… in the comments. What’s on your mind!? Oh, and, who is up for the workout challenge?! Anyone? [crickets…]